There are often times where you need to upload larger media files to WordPress for a variety of reasons. Once of those being installing a paid ...
After purchasing the SocialMag Pro theme make sure you’ve download the theme to your computer. If you haven’t downloaded the theme yet, login to your account you used to buy the theme, click “Downloads” and you’ll see what downloads you’ve purchased.
Click the green button next to your download and save it to your computer. Make note of what folder your saving it to. You’ll need this in the next step.
Install Your Theme through the WordPress Dashboard
Log into your WordPress site and you’ll be in the dashboard area. Under Appearance > Themes do the following:
- click “Add New”
- then click “Upload Theme”
- click “Browse”
- select “socialmagpro.zip” from the folder you downloaded it to
- Click “Install Now”
- You should have a message that says “Theme installed successfully.”
- Click “Live Preview” to see what your website looks like. Here all the changes you could want are done in the Theme Customizer panel.
- Once you’ve made all the changes you like, click the “Activate & Publish” button at the top to publish your new website.
That’s it! SocialMag Pro theme is installed. Any time you would like to make changes to how certain things look, you can always find them in the Theme Customizer by going to Appearance > Customize in your WordPress dashboard.
What to do if there’s an Upload Error
If there is an upload error, this is most likely because of WordPress’ default upload limit on file sizes. To be sure, go to Media > Add New in your WordPress dashboard and check to see what the upload file size is. The default will say “Maximum upload file size: 8 MB” on the bottom left.
To learn how to increase the file size, read the tutorial on How to Update the WordPress Maximum Upload File Size. Once the file size limit is adjusted, you’ll be able to install and use SocialMag Pro using the instructions above.
Share this on: